ABC-CLIO seeks an individual committed to our mission who will thrive in a collaborative, collegial, and challenging work environment that rewards initiative and collective problem-solving. We promote creative engagement, the desire to make a difference in our industry and professions, and the pursuit of knowledge and lifelong learning. The Professional Development Specialist plays a key role in the implementation of training, development of content, and production of ABC-CLIO's professional development (PD) program. The position is responsible for carrying out editorial work and functions necessary for the successful production of PD. The ability to organize a complex set of projects and processes while communicating updates and meeting deadlines is essential.
QR Code Link to This Post
The ideal candidate has a strong background and understanding in project management, superior communication skills, and the ability to organize complex processes. A background and understanding of K-12 education is preferred as this position will be designing for and working with the educational community.
The position requires:
• K-12 Education Background (Desired)
• Curriculum Design
• Training/Presentation Skills
• Standards Familiarity: Common Core & State Standards
• Bachelor's Degree (Minimum)
• Project Management Skills: Scheduling, Benchmarking, and Meeting Deadlines
• Superior Communication Skills: Ability to Set Positive Tone and Communicate Expectations and to Represent Company with Outside Contractors/Consultants/Customers
• Technology Skills: Microsoft Office, Google, Databases, and Ability to Learn New Software Quickly
• High level of Ownership, Accountability, and Initiative
• Exceptional Writing Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Sex(or Gender)/Disability/Vets
Apply online at www.abc-clio.com