Beginning immediately, we are seeking a part-time nighttime security guard for Dunn School.
Dunn School is a private boarding and day school located in the Santa Ynez Valley of California's beautiful Central Coast. Dunn School is ideally suited for a candidate who seeks to offer a positive contribution to a residential educational community and build meaningful relationships with students and staff.
The mission of Dunn School is to educate the whole student to his or her fullest potential in preparation for a life of learning and responsible leadership in society. To accomplish our mission, we as students, teachers, staff, parents, trustees, and friends are committed to understanding and living by five core values: Academic Excellence, Emotional Wellness, Physical Readiness, Social Responsibility, and Moral Courage.
Campus Security is a nighttime position. The campus security guard comes on duty fifteen minutes before the on-duty faculty (ODs) finish their shift for the evening -- 10:45 on Sunday through Thursday nights, 11:45 on Friday and Saturday nights. The nighttime security guard provides an adult presence on campus for shifts of four hours, making regular patrols of the entire campus and addressing immediate concerns of student safety and behavior. This position reports to the Dean of Students.
- Patrol campus after the on-duty faculty have gone off duty
- Check and secure all public spaces on campus (i.e., classrooms, meeting rooms, and student dormitories)
- Create a written report of all activity while on duty
- Address any student safety and behavior issues by engaging students when necessary and contacting the Administrator on Duty (AOD)
Other General Responsibilities
All members of the faculty and staff are also expected to contribute to the overall life of the school. Toward that end, all faculty and staff members are expected to:
- Show positive interest in school issues and contribute to a sense of community
- Show discretion with students, colleagues, and others in sharing, or not sharing, information
- Be certified in First Aid and/or CPR
How to Apply:
Please email a letter of introduction and your resume to the Associate Head of School, Gene Vachon. Your letter should highlight any education, previous experience, or desire to work in a boarding school environment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers