compensation: Salary DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Location: Carpinteria- CA
Pete’s is the California-based, employee-owned and operated leader in hydroponically grown living greens, using up to 85% less water and 70% less land than traditional growers. Best known for its line of Living Butter Lettuce, Pete’s offers consumers the highest-quality produce possible with their roots still intact, allowing consumers to enjoy long-lasting farm-fresh flavor right from the store.
Oversees the daily operations of the greenhouse and packing areas. Manages the harvesting and packing of plants, coordinates production workers and manages standards for production, harvesting, packing and cooling. Ensures all crop production and packing is on schedule and of high quality. Assist in research and development of new products and techniques. Implement and suggest new processes as warranted. Having a visible presence of approximately 70% on the floor in production areas.
If you thrive in a challenging, high performing and fast growing company, then we are ready for you to join our team.
• Assists in training, development and support of employees in order to ensure employees can excel at their role
• Supervises, trains, and coaches production team members
• Coordinates harvesting/packing activities with Growing Teams members, Sales, and Marketing
• Estimates and keeps current on a short, mid and long-term basis the packing quantities of the different products
• Maintains accurate count of packaging availability
• Explains and demonstrates care-taking techniques to subordinates
• Maintain and improve labor ratios
• Meet all efficiency objectives for the Oxnard facility
• Stay within yearly Annual department budgets
• Plan and organize work of department to minimize unplanned downtime of production
• Administers effective performance evaluations, development plans and disciplinary actions, and mentors employees through formal channels, identifying development needs and counseling on overcoming them
• Report any unsafe conditions
• Perform job in accordance to Industrial and Food Safety regulations
• Able to accommodate flexible work schedule according to business needs
• Reliable transportation to cover all working hours
• Ability to lift or move a minimum 50 pounds
• Ability and willingness to be occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, temperatures between 35 and 90 degrees, and safely work near moving mechanical parts, and equipment
• Ability and willingness to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, stoop, kneel, crouch, taste, smell, etc., as needed to perform essential tasks
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Occasionally working Holidays, weekend and after hours
Salary is DOE.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers