We are a US subsidiary, located in Goleta, of an established French semiconductor equipment manufacturer looking for a full time office clerk. This position requires at least 1-3 years of previous experience in a similar position. Applicants should possess extraordinary attention to detail, excellent organizational and business communication abilities, and a willingness to learn new skills.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
* Company wide purchasing and receiving job functions
* AP, AR, and accounting data entry job functions
* Coordination, packaging, and shipping of sales goods domestically and internationally
* Maintaining customer and vendor databases
* Assist in office organization and process development
* Communicating with business customers professionally via email and/or telephone
* Answering company phone (occasionally)
* Other essential duties may be assigned consistent with the general scope of the position
* Microsoft Office or Google Suite required
* Sage MRP (or other MRP software) desired
* High school diploma required
* 2 or 4 year college diploma preferred
* Excellent telephone and communication skills required
* Excellent computer skills with standard office suite software required (MS Excel or Google sheets; proficiency will be tested).
* Experience with accounting software preferred
* Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented required
* Ability to handle multiple activities concurrently in a fast paced environment required
* Must be authorized to work in the United States
* Must be able to pass a background check
* Local candidates are highly desired for this position
* Limited supervision is expected.
* Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language. Ability to effectively interpret and translate instructions to other employees in a professional and respectful manner.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to lift 25 lbs, when required.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
This is a full time Non-Exempt position with PTO, health benefits, and 401(k)
Our typical work schedule is 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Please send salary requirement
To be considered for the position, please reply with:
* a cover letter, demonstrating your business writing skills, in pdf format
* your resume (1 page preferred) in pdf format (other formats will be rejected)
* 2 or more references
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers