ABOUT VISITING NURSE & HOSPICE CARE
Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care is the leading home health and hospice provider in the Santa Barbara area, meeting the changing healthcare needs of our community since 1908.
Our mission is to provide high quality home health, hospice and related services to promote the health and well-being of all community residents including those unable to pay. As we grow and enhance our services, we are looking for top-quality individuals to help continue our legacy of excellence and our commitment to the community.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position is responsible for executive administrative support including organizing, scheduling, and coordinating administrative activities. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the preparation of agency reports, presentations, and meeting agendas. This position also provides support for organizing, updating, coordinating, and distributing agency policy and procedures and other administrative information required by the Senior Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Edits, develops and digitally reformats policies and procedures as instructed by the COO or other members of the Senior Leadership Team.
2. Communicates with the public and staff by phone, ensuring accurate, timely, and professional, screening of calls, taking of messages, answering of questions and forwarding calls as appropriate.
3. Edits and organizes letters, forms, brochures, pamphlets and other types of materials as instructed by the COO or other members of the Senior Leadership Team.
4. Creates, edits and updates PowerPoint presentations.
5. Creates and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. to ensure accurate and timely information is presented.
6. Handles non-routine and sensitive information, ensuring complete confidentiality.
7. Reconciles agency credit card statements for the COO.
8. Gathers and analyzes statistical data as needed to ensure the CEO and COO have accurate and easily understandable data.
9. Organizes and codes invoice statements related to administrative and organization wide expenses.
10. Supervises the Receptionist and our afterhours answering service.
11. Develops processes to improve the way calls are routed both, during and afterhours.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. College degree preferred or equivalent experience.
2. General front and/or back office experience required, with previous support of Executive Management highly preferred.
3. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle effectively multiple competing tasks and demands with a positive "can-do" attitude.
4. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
5. Must be able to interact and communicate successfully and with a pleasant demeanor with individuals at all levels of the organization, members of the Board of Directors, regulatory agencies, and the community at large.
6. Must have knowledge of and be highly proficient in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Publisher.
7. Must have ability to adapt to changing situations proactively.
8. Must have strong data management, data analysis, and data presentation skills.
9. Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
10. Excellent proof-reading and documentation presentation skills.
11. Establishes priorities and meets deadlines.
12. Licensed driver with insured automobile - in accordance with state and/or organization requirements.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS & PERKS AT VNHC INCLUDE:
• Competitive salary
• Best in class medical, dental, vision insurance benefits (for full time)
• 403(b) retirement plan available (for full time)
• Paid time off (for full time)
• Fitness subsidies available (for full time)
• Public transportation subsidies available (for full time)
• Referral bonuses (for full time)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers