compensation: 18-20/hr DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team, while working in a beautiful setting? Ganna Walska Lotusland, a non-profit, botanical garden in Montecito, California, renowned as a “top ten” garden of the world, seeks qualified candidates to serve as a valued member of our growing development department.
The Development and Administrative Assistant must have experience managing and using Donor Perfect Online or similar fundraising software. In conjunction with the Development Event Team this role provides administrative support for Lotusland’s development fundraising, friend-raising, donor cultivation and stewardship, and other Lotusland activities and events.
1. Gift Processing
a. Daily entry, tracking, coding and processing into Donor Perfect Online of all contributions including: general donations, gifts of securities, grants, memorials/tributes, in-kind gifts, special campaign gifts, event tickets, and Lotus Society (gifts to endowment) contributions.
b. Track and generate pledge payment reminders, pledge payments and other donor communications, as needed.
c. Track and process corporate matching grants.
d. Create letters and coordinate timely donation acknowledgments for all donations.
e. Manage credit card processing.
2. Manage the donor database in a manner that ensures protocols for entering and maintaining information are followed.
3. Run statistical, financial, and constituent reports responsive to the needs of Senior staff.
4. Assist in preparing lists (mailing, prospect, etc.) as needed by staff, board, and volunteers. Maintain non-donor constituent lists in the database, including government officials, estate attorneys/professionals, and media.
a. Preparation of daily donation reports
b. Monthly data reconciliation between DPO and accounting software in collaboration with Lotusland’s bookkeeper and Director of Finance.
c. Quarterly compilation and editing of Lotusland Newsletter donor listings.
d. Generation and editing of donor acknowledgement letters and listings.
Communicate with individual and foundation donors to support gift designation and processing.
6. Event Related Administrative Support
a. Prepare queries and invitation lists for multiple events and related mailings.
a. Enter attendance of events in donor records
b. Process sponsorship and ticket sales for events.
c. Generation and editing of event sponsor recognition and listings.
d. Enter and monitor event and related activities and actions in DPO
7. Philanthropy Committee Administrative Support
a. General data input and address updates
b. Enter and export visitor and donor emails for digital appeals and invitations, e-newsletters, and social media.
8. Prospect Research
9. Research and maintain database of donors, prospects, and other relevant populations regarding gifts and pledges, correspondence, biographical information, research, and relationships, with the goal of providing current, consistent and accurate data.
The successful candidate must have strong records management skills and advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook, power point) and database software. Must be extremely detail-oriented and ability to establish priorities and work efficiently with minimum supervision. Must have the ability to work concurrently on diverse projects under pressure and to maintain high standards for accuracy, productivity and confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, and in developing reports using Donor Perfect (preferable) or similar database software.
• Superior organization skills and attention to detail.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Must exhibit professional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact in a cooperative manner with member, staff, volunteers, and the public.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation as Lotusland is not accessible by public transportation.
• Associates degree or bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of two years of nonprofit database experience required
Lotusland will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Lotusland is an equal opportunity employer
No Phone Calls, Please!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers