compensation: DOE plus Medical/Dental/401k employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: The Santa Barbara International Film Festival (SBIFF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts and educational organization. Over the past 34 years, SBIFF has become one of the leading film festivals in the United States – attracting 95,000 attendees and offering 11 days of 200+ films, tributes and panels, fulfilling their mission to engage, enrich, and inspire people through the power of film. We celebrate the art of cinema and provide impactful educational experiences for our local, national and global communities.
SBIFF continues its commitment to education and the community through out many free educational programs and events. In June 2016, SBIFF entered a new era with the acquisition of the historic and beloved Riviera Theatre. After a capital campaign and renovation, the theatre is now SBIFF’s new state-of-the-art, year-round home, showing new international and independent films every day. In October 2018, SBIFF opened its own Education Center in downtown Santa Barbara on State Street to serve as a hub for creativity and learning.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Manager is responsible for administrative
assignments of the development department, including grant writing, grant reporting, maintaining grant calendar, prospect researching, stewardship activities, gift processing, donor acknowledgment, donor database, management of trade agreements, direct-mail campaign assistance and sponsorship activation and record keeping. Work is performed independently and collaboratively, and the employee is required to schedule, supervise, and set competing priorities. Development Manager is also available and willing to work at SBIFF’s Riviera Theatre and other SBIFF events to perform various duties on select weekends and evenings, beyond the 9am-5pm Monday through Friday office hours.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum three years related work experience in general area of fundraising, particularly in grant writing, individual giving and corporate sponsorships.
• Ability to interact professionally and demonstrate good judgment.
• Highly organized, quick thinking and self-motivated.
• Must be committed to providing excellent customer service.
• Experience managing support staff and volunteers.
• Exceptional written and oral communication.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Proven organizational ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be reliable, responsible and flexible.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Adobe InDesign preferred.
• Ability to work weekends and evenings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following reflects essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Writes high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications and supporting documents.
• Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant.
• Works with department managers to compile financials and data.
• Manages the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
• Provides regular standing reports and ad hoc reports as needed.
• Develops and maintains a proposal calendar.
• Develops an annual grants strategy.
• Communicates funder’s needs and grant requirements to appropriate programming staff to ensure reporting needs are met.
• Conducts ongoing prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
• Writes copy and designs draft sponsor materials (decks, proposals, wrap reports) using Adobe InDesign.
• Working with Executive Director and Director of Advancement, helps prepare for sponsor pitch meetings.
• Drafts sponsor contracts for approval by team and prepare for Executive Director’s signature.
• Keeps track of sponsorship activation requirements and in-kind values of sponsors’ activations.
• Ensures sponsorship activations are correctly implemented.
In-Kind Partnerships (10%)
• Manages in-kind partnerships with media outlets and hotels.
• Negotiates partnership agreements, writes contracts, maintains proper record keeping and ensures contractual agreements are met.
• Collects and maintains records of in-kind values from partners.
Individual Giving (10%)
• Assists with direct-mail fundraising campaigns.
• Processes and acknowledge gifts in a timely and IRS compliant manner.
• Keeps and maintains confidentiality on donor reports, files and confidential records.
• Drafts quarterly donor e-newsletter.
Special Events and Other Duties (5%)
• Attends SBIFF events at the Riviera Theatre and other locations on select weekends and evenings to perform duties such as but not limited to: counter, ticketing, crowd control, bartending and hosting donors.
• Represents SBIFF at various community events throughout the year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers