compensation: Compensation depends on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
St. Vincent's in Santa Barbara is seeking a full-time (40 hrs. per week) Resident Services Coordinator responsible for implementing programs to meet the human and community service needs of its senior residents at Villa Caridad. The Resident Services Coordinator at Villa Caridad is a master level clinician that performs the following services. He/she maintains an ongoing assessment of service needs at both the micro and macro levels. This position is responsible for maintaining a cooperative working relationship with related existing community resources. Assures ongoing access to essential community resources for residents. Crisis intervention and referrals for residents, as needed. Conduct research on a daily basis to ascertain the residents' needs, community services and resources, and resident participation. Organize programs of interest to residents, distribute consumer material, organize meetings to "teach" residents, connect residents with educational and recreational programs, and community senior centers. Help residents build informal support networks with other residents, family, and friends. Facilitate support groups according to the residents' interests. Develop a resource directory of service providers and community helping agencies and establish links to agencies, referral services, and monitor the ongoing provision of services from outside agencies. Help residents arrange: transportation, shopping assistance, meal service, heavy or light housekeeping, financial management services, health care, counseling, and support. Inform residents about, and help them obtain benefits for which they are eligible. Help residents interpret mail and complete forms. Help residents obtain equipment and devices such as walkers, wheelchairs, talking books, hearing aids, visual aids, emergency response systems, etc... Educate other staff on issues related to aging in place and service coordination to help them to better work with and assist the residents.
Candidates must have the following:
* Must demonstrate personal identity with and commitment to the mission, vision, and values of St. Vincent's.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
* Must have a minimum of one year of prior work experience in community development or social services, two to three year preferred. Must have experience conducting community assessments, applying the principles of conflict management, and organizing community groups, events, and programs.
* Knowledge and experience working with seniors and diverse cultures and populations.
* Ability to accurately identify and assess resident needs and assets in order to connect them effectively to resources.
* Ability to motivate individuals and groups to actively participate and take leadership in efforts to improve the community and increase self- determination. Must demonstrate a commitment to recognizing the resident's knowledge and experience as a valuable resource.
* Excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills. Able to work as an effective member of a team and in a collaborative manner with residents, staff, peers, and supervisor. Must demonstrate a high level of verbal and listening skills and the ability to effectively facilitate meetings and community gatherings.
* Must have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Excellent skills in writing, editing, transcription, and word processing.
* Ability to manage multiple assignments and projects independently and simultaneously in an organized fashion. Is conscientious in follow-through in job responsibilities and has the ability to be a self-starter and meet deadlines.
* Maintains high level of confidentiality and obtains the appropriate release of information as necessary.
* Manner of dress is always professional.
* Willingness to travel occasionally and attend night meetings.
* Willingness to shift scheduled hours to meet the needs of the residents.
Compensation depends on experience. Benefits eligible position after 60 days including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, retirement plan, gym stipend, paid time off (PTO), education reimbursement, and paid holidays
Please submit your resume to Human Resources via this job posting, or by faxing your resume to (805) 967-7508. EOE.
St. Vincent's is a Roman Catholic organization sponsored and operated by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, which provides programs for children, families, and seniors that are based on community needs. St. Vincent's is the longest continuously operating human service agency in Santa Barbara. St. Vincent's began operations in 1858. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.stvincents-sb.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers