compensation: Hourly; position is non-exempt employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Jodi House empowers brain injury survivors to not merely survive, but thrive, by providing classes and services that encourage their physical, cognitive, and behavioral recovery to the greatest extent possible.
The Program Specialist supports program operations, facilitation, and outreach, and works directly with adults with brain injuries in furtherance of their rehabilitation and recovery goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Facilitates day program operations by maintaining facility, classes, and curriculum.
• Responds to inquiries related to brain injury by providing information and referrals to members, caregivers, social service providers, and the general public.
• Plans and executes outreach in the community, including giving educational presentations on Jodi House’s services and staffing informational booths at community events.
• Recruits, trains, and manages program volunteers.
• Monitors and maintains documentation of attendance records and activity participation for members, volunteers, and other service providers.
• Assists in the development and implementation of new classes and program offerings.
• Facilitates classes and supports program instructors by assisting with general set-up/breakdown of classes.
• May assist with the facilitation of the Immersion Services pre-vocational program.
• Monitors and provides feedback on the appropriateness and effectiveness of programs, activities, faculty, and other services provided.
• Assists with special events and field trips as needed.
• Occasional work after hours and travel within the Tri-County region.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s, professional, or technical degree in a related field.
• Experience or education related to adults with disabilities.
• Familiarity with social service resources in the Tri-County region, or demonstrated willingness to learn upon hire.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, and work independently.
• Ability to remain calm and take appropriate actions in stressful or emergency situations.
• Ability to maintain regular work hours and be punctual.
• Knowledge of relevant computer programs and other office equipment.
• Current CPR/First Aid certification, or willingness to obtain within 60 days of hire.
• Current California Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English; Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Benefits eligible after 60 days:
• Generous vacation time and holiday pay.
• A health plan that is 75% paid by employer is offered.
• A 403(b) retirement plan is offered.
Please send cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers