compensation: DOE employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with experience working with at-risk populations to join the Family Support Services (FSS) team! The FSS Facilitator will teach educational classes for parents, couples, families, and individuals with the goal of promoting nurturing and stable environments and supporting families towards a path of self-sufficiency and resilience. Services may extend to the home and/or community setting through infant and early childhood home visiting to support parent-infant attachment and promote optimal child development. The ideal candidate is someone who is engaging, has a passion for learning, and is committed to promoting positive changes in families. This is an exciting opportunity that allows for facilitators to bring families together to create lasting change!
This is a full time, non-exempt position with benefits; part time opportunities are available. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are interested in a full or part time position. Openings are available in Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, and Lompoc. Clinical supervision available to Associate Clinical Social Workers (ASW).
Sample of Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Educator will help promote positive parenting practices, maintain healthy relationships, and strengthen parental resilience through the use of evidence-based program curricula.
• Actively engage with individuals and partnerships in the community to recruit for programmed classes.
• Maintain up-to date documentation and case files through the agency database.
• Organize and coordinate classes with facilitation team and community partners.
• Bachelor’s degree required in social work, child development, education, or other related field.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English and Spanish in small and large groups required.
• Availability to teach up to three (3) evenings per week required.
• Professional attitude, good judgement, teamwork, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to have a warm and empathic interpersonal style in order to establish trusting relationships.
• The ability to consistently meet deadlines and schedules is a must.
• Must be flexible and able to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Must have the ability and desire to work with families and children of all cultures and backgrounds.
• Valid CA driver’s license required; reliable transportation is necessary to travel throughout Santa Barbara County.
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate:
• This position is full-time, non-exempt, with benefits. (Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan. Generous holiday, vacation, and sick leave available.)
• Pay is dependent on experience.
Family Service Agency (FSA) has long been regarded as one of Santa Barbara County’s most reliable and effective nonprofit human service organizations. Our mission is to strengthen and advocate for families and individuals of all ages and diversities, helping to create and preserve a healthy community. We are committed to providing services where they are needed most: in the community. Eighty percent of our services are delivered on school campuses, at community centers and in clients’ homes. Our programs, which serve more than 25,000 people annually, combine clinical expertise, bilingual and bicultural staff, and close collaboration with other agencies. At FSA, all services are provided free or on a sliding fee/donation scale and no one is denied assistance because of an inability to pay.
To apply for this position, it is highly recommended that you submit both a cover letter and resume. Please reply to this ad, and/or you may also send your materials to:
Family Service Agency
123 West Gutierrez St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers