compensation: DOE employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for creating, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive fundraising program to support FSA’s mission. The position engages Board members and donors in development activities and leverages key relationships and contacts within and outside of FSA’s network to ensure revenue goals are met. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Development and Communications is responsible for the following activities to support FSA’s mission: recruit and cultivate donors, further develop and oversee major gifts and planned giving programs, support special capital and endowment initiatives, cultivate business/corporate sponsorship, secure private and public sector grants and generate reports, and manage FSA’s Marketing Communications.
Position can be located in any FSA office – Santa Maria, Lompoc, or Santa Barbara.
Sample of Specific Duties
• Collaborates with Executive Director in cultivating and maintaining donors through personal contact, specialized correspondence, and attending in-person visits.
• Supervises the work of the Development and Marketing Manager, Grants Manager, Events Coordinator, Development Assistance and volunteers focused on development activities including training, assigning and evaluating quality and quantity of work.
• Marketing Communications – Oversees Agency media coverage including social media sites, the creation and production of FSA’s communications such as Annual Report, newsletters, advertising brochures, collateral materials, press releases, web site design and maintenance.
• B.A./B.S. in any discipline.
• At least five years of nonprofit fundraising experience for a significant non-profit organization.
• Demonstrated success leading individual giving and major donor campaigns.
• Professional attitude, teamwork, and ability to maintain confidentiality a must.
• Valid California driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable transportation are required.
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate
• Position hours are flexible – fulltime and part-time opportunities available!
• Positions working 30+ hours/week are eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan. Generous holiday, sick leave, and vacation also offered.
• Positions working fewer than 30 hours/week are eligible for limited benefits, including: 403(b) retirement plan and supplemental benefits. Generous holiday, sick leave, and vacation also offered.
• Pay rate is dependent upon experience.
Family Service Agency’s north county DBA is Santa Maria Valley Youth and Family Center. Family Service Agency (FSA) has long been regarded as one of Santa Barbara County’s most reliable and effective nonprofit human service organizations. Our mission is to strengthen and advocate for families and individuals of all ages and diversities, helping to create and preserve a healthy community. We are committed to providing services where they are needed most: in the community. Eighty percent of our services are delivered on school campuses, at community centers and in clients’ homes. Our programs, which serve more than 25,000 people annually, combine clinical expertise, bilingual and bicultural staff, and close collaboration with other agencies. At FSA, all services are provided free or on a sliding fee/donation scale and no one is denied assistance because of an inability to pay.
To apply for this position, it is highly recommended that you submit both a cover letter and resume. Please reply to this ad, and/or you may also send your materials to:
Family Service Agency
123 West Gutierrez St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers