compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Established and well-known law firm in downtown Santa Barbara is seeking a full-time administrative assistant to support one or more attorneys and assist in law firm-wide matters as appropriate, especially in real estate, business, and estate planning, as well as litigation matters. Salary depending on experience. Great benefits package.
Hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday through Friday. Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
• Handle inbound and outbound phone calls and correspondence (mail, email, fax, FedEx, deliveries, etc.) for your attorneys. Review and analyze incoming and outgoing communications for your attorneys and update all related matters, files, and records including but not limited to attorneys’ calendars, contacts, and action items and deadlines for open matters.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, MCLE seminars and webinars, as well as other events, etc. for your attorneys. Create and prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, take notes, create summaries, and to-do lists for attorneys.
• Organize, maintain, and update files, in both electronic and paper form (including scanning documents), for ongoing matters.
• Draft, type, analyze, proofread, and edit memos, emails, letters, reports, presentations, pleadings, discovery, and other documents for attorneys’ review.
• Perform legal research.
• Keep accurate daily billing information for your time and assist your attorneys with their daily and accumulated billing entries. Prepare and proofread all bills. Prepare and send bills on a monthly basis and as requested by clients.
• Perform occasional miscellaneous office errands for attorneys and/or other staff members as needed.
• Work at the office during your scheduled hours, except for meal and rest breaks. Work overtime as necessary, including weekends, with little to no notice.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to think critically and acquire new skills.
• Ability to diligently track deadlines and organize work flow to meet deadlines.
• Willingness to take initiative: self-starter who is organized and accountable and can learn new programs and routines quickly.
• Desire to perform tasks assigned to completion with an eye for accuracy and eagerness to ask for more work when assigned tasks are finished.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including a professional demeanor on the phone, in writing, and in person.
• Ability to maintain grace under pressure in a fast-paced and constantly changing law firm environment.
• Pleasant to work with and have a sense of humor.
• Knowledge of all basic office technology and equipment, including Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficiency in all office programs will be expected within a short period of time from hire.
• Previous experience in real estate, business, estate planning, and/or litigation matters is preferred.
• Previous experience in an office setting as an assistant is preferred.
• Paralegal certificate preferred.
• Notary certificate preferred.
• College degree preferred.
Applicant should be able start as soon as possible. Reliable car required.
If you are interested in this position, please email both a cover letter and resume. Please do not inquire by phone.
In your cover letter, set forth each of the eight Responsibilities listed above and discuss relevant experience you have for each.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers