compensation: $16.00-18.00 depending on experience and education employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Girls Inc. of Greater Santa Barbara is seeking a Librarian for our center based programs.
The Librarian position oversees a dynamic library, which includes the physical library, the collection within the library, programs for library-related instruction, and the users of the library. The Librarian will facilitate the library and literacy programs including literature-based and skills-based literacy programs and instruction.
Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. We offer girls a safe, fun, all-girl/pro-girl environment where they gain and practice skills that equip and empower them to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent. Through research-based programs, led by trained mentoring professionals, Girls Inc. girls learn to be confident and embrace positive decision-making to take charge of their health and well-being, and achieve academic, personal, and career goals.
Librarian Essential Job Functions Include:
• Processing, organizing, and maintaining all library materials and equipment including books, magazines, games, and classroom libraries
• Maintaining the center online cataloging service, Library Thing
• Fostering a love of reading in and environment where literature and language is valued
• Creating, preparing for, and facilitating daily hands-on and intentional activities within our Core Essential Services (Healthy Living, Academic Enrichment and Support, Life Skills)
• Facilitating daily homework and tutoring activities
• Ensuring girls safety both physically and emotionally through active supervision while they participate in program activities, homework time, field trips, and informal time
• Keeping accurate records of attendance
• Evaluating programs for effectiveness of intended outcomes
• Being a mentor and leader setting a positive example and role model for the girls
• Participating in staff trainings, meetings, and events
• Maintaining organization and cleanliness of programming areas, resources, and supplies
• Creating a pro-girl environment
• Interacting with families in a positive and welcoming way
• A passion for, and knowledge of, children’s literature
• Experience working with youth in a structured educational setting
• 12 college level units in early childhood education or any of the following substitutes: sociology, psychology, art, music, dance, drama, recreation
• Clean criminal record
• Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
• Strong communication skills and ability and desire to work as a team member of a diverse and dynamic team
Hours of Position:
• Full Time, non-exempt, 32 hours per week
• Monday- Friday
Compensation and Benefits:
• $16.00-18.00 an hour depending on experience and education
• Vacation pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
• Retirement plan
• Submit cover letter, resume and relevant coursework (unofficial transcripts) to Annabel Padilla, Assistant Director of Programs at this post.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers