compensation: Hourly Pay Range $26.45 - $31.25 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
LEASE ADMINISTRATOR (Commercial Properties) – Corporate Office Santa Barbara, California
The Towbes Group is an award winning, fully integrated property management, development, and construction services firm with more than 60 years of experience on the central coast.
Since opening in 1956, the culture at Towbes Group has been one with an entrepreneurial spirit that consistently pushes the evolution of Building Vibrant Communities. As a result, here on the central coast of California, we define best in class commercial workplace experience and continue to be recognized and awarded for delivering exceptional customer experiences. We build workplaces, homes, lifestyles, and opportunities for those who call a Towbes Group home, Home. Our other mission which propels us each day is to craft engaging work environments where our team members are engaged and empowered and where Team Work truly is a trademark.
If you’re looking for a pace perfect, mindful career that rewards innovation and best in class performance, along the stunning coast of California, this role is for you.
The Lease Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operational and planning functions associated of the commercial real estate portfolio of leased and/or licensed office properties to drive best-in-class workplace environments and services, consistent with our leadership position as a technology solutions provider in the property management industry.
The Leasing Administrator is primarily responsible for interpreting and applying lease administration while participating in strategic initiatives that focus on effective utilization of resources, require financial and commercial lease function/analysis and focus on continuous improvement initiatives. Develop operating income/expense budgets for operating the property. Recommend and implement programs which contribute to assets of the owner.
What you will do:
• Administer the commercial property segment of Yardi and ensures the accuracy of the information available to Property Managers as well as anticipate any potential impact on the financial statements
• Maintain and update copies of all relevant lease related documentation in the company’s document storage portal
• Develops or works with IT/Accounting to develop new tools, including custom reports and queries to meet CPMD objectives as well as build and enhance operational systems and processes
• Calculate annual rent escalations and CAM reconciliations/estimates; work directly with tenants and CPMD department to assist in understanding the results and ensure efficient processing of any potential financial impact
• Monitor actual and budget performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
• Determine any percentage rent due for retail tenants based on sales reports
• Prepare tenant account analysis and reconciliations
• Oversee tenant billings, collections, and cash application
• Inform management as to any discrepancies or any other problem areas that may arise
• Coordinate collection and documentation of all revenues following lease obligations of tenants per the owner's policy on accounts receivable
• Collect delinquent accounts promptly
• Communicate with accounting department to ensure the accuracy of rent roll
• Monitor and analyze generation and accuracy of lease documents and financial reports
• Provide and implement ideas and suggestions for the continued improvement and standardization to existing lease templates, financial reports, and other related documents.
Skills and Abilities you should have:
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Planning and organizing
• Scheduling and monitoring
• Exceptional communication skills
• Initiative and able to work with limited supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize the tasks at hand
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion
• Knowledge of general practices of commercial property management
• Knowledge of financial principles and reporting
• Ability to interpret and summarize/simplify complex documents and financial/economic reports
• Proficiency in relevant property management software
• Advanced Excel experience
• Strong written and verbal communications skills and proficiency in Word
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
• Work the majority of a day sitting at a desk
• Frequent use of a computer keyboarding
• This role is scheduled for a standard 40-hour workweek, however department demands will require overtime, including regular attendance and active participation at company functions and events.
• This role is non-exempt, hourly and may entail working hours as needed to perform the position requirements satisfactorily.
• This role requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, stair-climbing, bending and reaching.
• The position requires constant communication in English through verbal, written, and various electronic means.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 15 lbs.
What you will receive…
• True work / life balance
• Bright and open office environment in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara
• Collaborative workspaces with stand and sit electric desks with multiple monitors
• Killer kitchen with state of the art coffee, cappuccino, and espresso machines
• Kombucha on tap!
• Paid parking
• Health, dental, vision
• Competitive compensation
• 401k and liberal company match
• Coastal Housing Partnership membership
A clean DMV record, proof of vehicle insurance, background check and pre-employment drug test will be required.
The Towbes Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hourly Pay Range: $26.45 - $31.25
To apply for this position, please click on the link below: