QR Code Link to This Post
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) is dedicated to providing best-in-class production, sales and administrative support to arts organizations from throughout the Santa Barbara region, including its Historic Theatre District partners as well as its eight resident companies. The SBCPA’s most visible service is operation of The Granada Theatre.
What You’ll Do
The bookkeeper assists in managing the day to day accounting and finance requirements and is responsible for entry of accounting transactions for general operating activities, concentrating on accounts payable; accounts receivable and deposits; periodic regulatory reporting, and; cross train for payroll. The person in this role computes, classifies, and records numerical data to keep financial records complete. They also perfors any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. They may also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
What You’ll Need to Get the Job Done
• Associates or Bachleor’s degree in accounting or appropriate field, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
• 1-3 years’ experience in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Quickbooks
• Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes
• Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations
• Organizational skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good customer relations skills and the ability to communicate clearly.
• Skilled multi-tasker
• Reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
What Will Really Interest Us About You
• You have proficiency in Quickbooks Enterprise and/or Experience in Financial Edge
• You are a super-user of Excel and reporting capabilities
• You are punctual and diligent.
What Will Really Interest You About Us
Benefits include health, dental and vision, and a 403b Retirement Plan with an employer match after one year of service. An atmosphere of learning and opportunities to increase skills and knowledge and develop a career. Downtown Santa Barbara office in the beautiful Granada tower. A wonderful team dedicated to supporting the arts.
To apply, go to www.granadasb.org/About/Careers and follow instructions to complete the employment application. Submit application with resume, cover letter and references. No phone calls please.