Freelance writer needed: news experience a plus (remote/part-time)
If you enjoy reading interesting stories on the Internet, then this is the perfect part-time position for you. We are a real-time mobile news app, with the mission of being the best news service in the world (check us out at inside dot com).
We're looking for well-read individuals with journalism backgrounds to join our curation team. This is a unique position that embodies the changing face of the news space.
Traits of an ideal applicant:
- Repeat, you are a news junkie
- Fast reader, flawless writer, quick learner
- Have an eye for what is newsworthy; you already share cool new stories with your friends and family
- Expert twitter / tweetdeck user!
- 1+ year of journalism experience
- Have a flexible schedule; can work 4-hour shifts, available late nights, early mornings, weekends
- Have a fast and reliable computer with Internet connection
This is a paid hourly freelance position where you work remotely.
To apply, please send an email to resumes @ inside dot com
In the subject line please enter your "First Name Last Name, **Curator"
Please attach the following two separate PDFs
2) Cover letter that addresses the following questions:
What is your main source of news?
What frustrates you about the current news space?
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers